Tuesday 5 October 2010

Yarn Maker

As a 'Yarn Maker' I was intrigued when I came across a new publication of the same name:






I duely ordered the first copy and a couple of days later it arrived. Well what can I say - an itelligent interesting magazine, full of articles related to yarn making ( no surprise there really!).

A cup of tea and a couple of hours uninterupted biscuit eating later, I can report that the magazine is really worth while. There are inspirational articles about spinners and weavers, informative sections on drop spindle spinning and how to get free fleece through freecycle. There is a nice pattern for a small shawl or mat made with handspun yarn and some mouthwatering pictures of drop spindles. Instuctions for growing and dying with japanese indigo and a round up of events to come.

Suffice to say - I will be subscribing! link: www.yarnmaker.co.uk

No comments: