Sunday 2 May 2010

Summer is a-coming

Firstly apologies for the long 'radio' silience. I will try and do better! (I am sure that has been said before)

We have finally had some sunshine and things are growing again. I have lots of seeds on the windowsills and have been tentatively been doing some planting on the allotment. Can this be described as outdoor crafting? After all it takes (some) skill, patience and hard work to grow food to put on the table.

I have knitted Penny a jumper with Sirdar Nomad, I don't normally like to knit with a boucle yarn, but it did knit up quickly and looks nice.

(picture to come when camera has stopped playing up!)

I have also finished spinning the silk from the Ally Pally show way back when. I am going to navajo ply it later today. The Pin Money Craft C0-operative are having a craft fair at Hatton locks tomorrow and I am taking the wheel to do a spinning demonstration. I wanted to spin up the bits of Jacob from last year that I died to see what they look like. Also wanting to get all of lasts years fleece used up before new supplies arrive early next month.

Am currently knitting a jumper for my Aunt Jo-Jo in gorgeous Sublime yarn. It is a cashmere merino and silk mix and is very soft and yummy. Nearly finished the back so getting there!

Seems cold again today, so I am looking forward to lighting the fire and getting the spinning wheel going!

No comments: